There are lots of ways to GET INVOLVED!! Make sure you join the World Pancreatic Cancer Day social media pages to get all the information and stay up to date!
WHY is this special day needed?
Pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rates of any cancer; a little known fact and one that has barely changed in more than 40 years.
Our strong view is that an annual World Pancreatic Cancer Day will help to bring about a much needed change in awareness levels about the disease and a focus on the need for urgent change.
Thank you so much in advance for your support. We very much look forward to working together to put pancreatic cancer on the global map.How can I make a difference?
The global social media content reached almost 3.5 million people on Nov. 17 alone.
Combined earned media efforts resulted in impressions of over 237 million, including mentions from Headline News, BBC, CTV, Ebony Magazine, CNN and The View.
350,000 people engaged (liked, commented, shared, retweeted) with the WPCD posts/tweets on social media from 49 countries!
The WPCD hashtags were used more than 25,000 times. They even trended on Twitter!
Celebrity influencers including George Lopez, Katie Couric, Mindy Kaling, Georgia Love, Viola Davis, Suggs McPherson, Robin Roberts, Rodney McLeod, Marco Rubio, and Michael Ealy helped spread the message on Twitter.
The WPCD video was played in Times Square in New York City every hour throughout the day!
Thank YOU for supporting this global initiative!
World Pancreatic Cancer Day – Friday, November 13th, 2015
- The World Pancreatic Cancer Day website had 25,980 unique visitors (in 2014 it was 7,512)
- Twitter and Instagram engagements were 17, 343 (in 2014 Twitter had 1,347 engagements)
- Facebook's top post had 66,000 Likes (in 2014 the top post had 8,107 Likes). This post potentially reach 1.1 Million people!!
You can help this campaign all year long!
- Visit the WPCD website http://worldpancreaticcancerday.org/
- Join our Facebook group
- Join the World Pancreatic Cancer Day Facebook group
- Share these Facebook groups with your family and friends
- Join our Twitter Account @CraigsCause
- Tweet about World Pancreatic Cancer Day- use #WPCD
- Get your family and friends to Tweet about World Pancreatic Cancer Day
- Share the World Pancreatic Cancer Day Video on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook