Ask a Doctor Support
Every pancreatic cancer patient should receive a referral to a HPB surgeon (Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary surgeon) and a medical oncologist, in this order, after a pancreatic cancer diagnosis.
Referrals should be made to physicians who are TRAINED and EXPERIENCED with treating pancreatic cancer patients.
Before using our “Ask a Doctor” program, it is important to understand the difference between a question and a second opinion.
1) If you are asking a question, we can answer your question.
your question is actually looking for a second opinion, we can help you locate a
specialist close to you. EVERY patient has the right to ask for a second
What is a Question?
Definition of a Question
Examples of Questions
Asking for information on a specific topic, regarding pancreatic cancer.
Send you question to email@example.com with the following information.
1. Questions about the disease.
2. Questions about treatment options available.
3. Questions about whether a second opinion is required.
4. Questions about wait times.
5. Questions about the process after diagnosis.
6. Questions about what diagnostic
assessments should be made available.
7. Questions seeking clarification on what your physician has told you.
What is a Second Opinion?
Definition of a Second Opinion
Examples of Second Opinions
A second opinion occurs when you or your loved one has received a pancreatic cancer diagnosis and you are now deciding on your individualized treatment and you would like more than one point of view.
Second opinions offer choice and they also will help you feel confident about the treatment plan suggested.
If you require a second opinion, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) What city and province you live in.
1. Asking to have your scans looked at.
2. Asking about the treatment decision made by your specialist.
3. Asking to confirm your diagnosis, this would be a second opinion.
4. If you are
asking for confirmation on what your physician has told you.
It is important that you include all relevant information to your question and/or diagnosis.
Questions can be submitted by filling out the Contact Us page or by sending an email to email@example.com